CADER/EOEA Behavioral Health in Aging Certificate Program
Registration will open the week of January 29, 2023. ASAP Directors and Training Contacts should submit their staff training list as soon as its available. Click here to access the form.
This five-course certificate program will deepen health and human services workers’ understanding of the major mental health conditions and substance use concerns facing older adults as well as the importance of promoting mental wellness, and resilience. Attention will be paid to the importance of screening, assessment, and evidence-based interventions.
The required courses are listed below.
- Mental Health & Aging Issues (4 hours, 4 CEs)
- Suicide Prevention among Older Adults (4 hours, 4 CEs)
- Mental Wellness & Resilience among Older Immigrants & Refugees (3 hours, 3 CEs)
- Substance Use among Older Adults (4 hours, 4 CEs)
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias (4 hours, 4 CEs)
Click on this link to learn more about each online course.
Enrollment for this program is open to pre-selected ASAP staff. Contact your supervisor if you are interested in participating in this program or have questions about eligibility.
|ASAP Directors/Training Leads|
I have questions about:
– requesting additional training slots
|Allison M. Staton (pronouns: she/her/hers)|
Executive Office of Elder Affairs
I need technical assistance:
– course access
|Click here to submit a tech support form|