CADER/NCOA Behavioral Health in Aging Certificate Program
This five-course certificate program will deepen health and human services workers’ understanding of the major mental health conditions and substance use concerns facing older adults as well as the importance of promoting mental wellness, and resilience. Attention will be paid to the importance of screening, assessment, and evidence-based interventions.
The required courses are listed below.
- Mental Health & Aging Issues (4 hours, 4 CEs)
- Suicide Prevention among Older Adults (4 hours, 4 CEs)
- Mental Wellness & Resilience among Older Immigrants & Refugees (3 hours, 3 CEs)
- Substance Use among Older Adults (4 hours, 4 CEs)
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias (4 hours, 4 CEs)
Click to read additional information about each online course. The cost of this certificate program is $200 per learner.