California Training – Course Details
Course 1: Care Management Practice Learning Objectives
- Explain the role of health and human service workers in care management.
- Identify the medical, emotional, and social conditions that affect older people and people with disabilities.
- Discuss how the ACA has affected care management.
- Compare care management programs.
- Define the social determinants of health.
- Discuss the legal and ethical dimensions of health care management.
Course 2: Care Transitions Learning Objectives
- Demonstrate the ability to form relationships with consumers and families, perform assessments, coordinate care, and assist in planning discharges and post-discharge follow up.
- Discuss how organizations can select care transition models that are a good fit for them.
- Discuss how health care disparities need to be addressed when planning care transitions.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with other health and human service team members during transitions of care.
- Recognize how culture and ethnicity can influence care planning and transitions of care
- Identify the barriers to successful transitions of care.
Course 3: Working with Informal Caregivers Learning Objectives
This course will prepare you to adapt your knowledge of supportive services, resource development, and care management to support and collaborate with informal caregivers in a variety of situations and help them as they navigate our complex health care delivery system.
Click here to return to the California Training Portal.