This course will focus on basic ethical principles including autonomy, beneficence, non-malfeasance, and justice. It will also discuss informed consent, capacity, competence, and confidentiality. Throughout the course, we will be using stories or case studies to illustrate how to work through the ethical dilemmas that are a part of everyday practice using the ethical principles you have learned. You will also develop a greater understanding of the process of critical thinking and how it facilitates problem-solving in difficult ethical situations.
*You can register for this course individually or as part of a certificate program.
“I believe the information provided in this program will be very helpful to apply in my work environment and be more effective when helping our clients.”
- Summarize how an ethical dilemma may affect your work.
- Examine your values and beliefs and how they might influence your behavior towards people whose beliefs and values are different from yours.
- Describe the process of critical thinking and how it facilitates problem solving in difficult situations.
- Apply problem-solving techniques to address dilemmas that arise around issues of personal choice and safety.
- Identify issues that can arise when working as part of team.
- Pre-course Competency Assessment
- Section I: Introduction to the Course and an Exercise in Self-Reflection
- Section II: Three Ways of Approaching Moral Thought
- Section III: A Brief Overview of Ethics
- Section IV: The Ethical Principles That Guide Your Work
- Section V: Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Section VI: Ethics and Cultural Values
- Section VII: Principles of Bioethics in Practice
- Section VIII: A Guide to Determining Capacity
- Section IX: Confidentiality
- Section X: Summary of Course
- Course Quiz
- Post-course Competency Evaluation
- Certificate of Completion
For information about refunds, cancellations, accommodations and to contact us please visit the policies page.
Want to learn more about this offering?
Contact us...Get More Information