This course is designed to provide an overview of care management in health and human service work. Care management is a collaborative process of assessing, facilitating, and coordinating the care provided to older adults and people who have disabilities. It requires knowledge of the options and services in the community that can best meet the needs of the individual and family. Care management involves educating the individual in self-management skills so that they can participate more fully in the decisions that need to be made for their health and social well-being. It also connects and coordinates the assistance offered by formal (paid) service providers and the informal (unpaid) support provided by family and friends.
*You can register for this course individually or as part of a certificate program.
“This course improved my knowledge and understanding toward case management by providing inclusive info and case scenarios for us to follow through. I will recommend this course to my other colleagues.”
- Explain the role of health and human service workers in care management.
- Identify the medical, emotional, and social conditions that affect older people and people with disabilities.
- Discuss how the ACA has affected care management.
- Compare care management programs.
- Define the social determinants of health.
- Discuss the legal and ethical dimensions of health care management.
- Pre-course Competency Assessment
- Section I: Course Overview
- Section II: Background and Scope
- Section III: Care Management Models
- Section IV: Conditions that Affect Older Adults and People with Disabilities
- Section V: Your Role
- Section VI: Ethical and Legal
- Section VII: Course Summary and Resources
- Course Quiz
- Post-course Competency Evaluation
- Certificate of Completion
For information about refunds, cancellations, accommodations and to contact us please visit the policies page.
All online courses are self-paced and are designed as reading-based and include interactive multimedia components including simulations, video, audio, and discussion boards.