Designed as a Train-the-Trainer program, this new online certificate is a series of three self-paced, integrated courses for training professionals that can be completed at your own schedule. Developed in collaboration with our Network Alumni Training Board, the certificate covers core competencies and best practices in these key areas:
- Preparing for Success in Training
- Curriculum Design and Implementation
- Assessment and Evaluation
Successful completion of the Train-the-Trainer certificate will enable trainers to join the Network’s Trainers Hub — and work with agencies and organizations to conduct in-person trainings or online webinars, review online courses, serve as online course authors, and provide consultation to a wide variety of clients.
The Trainers Hub provides opportunities to work together with The Network for Professional Education at BU School of Social Work on our important mission to further develop the competencies and skills of the health and human services workforce.
* Now open to all members of the BU community, including alumni, BUSSW faculty, instructors, advisors, and certificate graduates of our CADER and online CBT programs.
“I now have a better framework for planning and evaluating trainings and presentations.”
“Going forward, I can speak more accurately about the reasons behind training/facilitation decisions. I liked learning the language specific to adult learners.”
“The activities helped me to incorporate what I was learning. I am looking forward to developing a training.”
Course 1: Preparing for Success
- Illustrate and summarize your style and strengths
- Identify different types of trainings and align your goals for conducting a specific training
- Describe and apply different training modalities (seminar, webinar, asynchronous, hybrid)
Course 2: Curriculum Design and Implementation
- Define strategies to build your training community
- Examine the competencies to be taught
- Develop SMART objectives and goals
- Evaluate a variety of presentation and engagement tools that will support your learners’ experience and comprehension
Course 3: Assessment and Evaluation
- Explain the differences between assessment and evaluation
- Illustrate how you would conduct a Training/Classroom Assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of quality survey development
- Apply knowledge on how to develop an evaluation plan
- Analyze previous training outcomes
For information about refunds, cancellations, accommodations and to contact us please visit the policies page.
All online courses are self-paced and are designed as reading-based and include interactive multimedia components including simulations, video, audio, and discussion boards.